Documentation showing that all Girl Scouts are members of WAGGGS
Although GSUSA claims that individual girls are not members of WAGGGS, GSUSA’s own printed materials as well as local Girl Scout Council material state that as a member of GSUSA, girls are members of WAGGGS. These are a few of many, many examples. Additional examples provided on request.
WAGGGS documentation showing girls are members of WAGGGS:
http://www.wagggsworld.org/en/join_us Anyone who is a Girl Guide or a Girl Scout is automatically a member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS). Membership of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts means: You are part of a worldwide family of 145 countries and 10 million members - together we have the power to build a better world
http://www.wagggsworld.org/en/take_action/MDGprogrammes The MDG programme will: Raise awareness and mobilise action amongst WAGGGS’ 10 million members and 50 million community members to contribute to achieving the MDGs
WAGGGS documentation showing WAGGGS represents 10 million members
The following are a few of many of examples showing WAGGGS claims to represent 10 million girls:
- https://twitter.com/wagggs_world/status/236091241647980544 WAGGGS on Twitter: “Represent 10 million Girl Guides and Girl Scouts at the UN climate change conference - apply by 20 August!”
- http://www.wagggsworld.org/en/grab/21439/1/wagggs-at-cop-16-press-release.pdf WAGGGS’ press release: “Girl Guides representing 10 million girls worldwide to speak out against climate change at COP 16 in Mexico”
- https://www.facebook.com/wagggs/info WAGGGS Official Facebook Page: “The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) represents 10 million Girl Guides and Girl Scouts in 145 countries across the globe.”
- http://www.wagggsworld.org/en/rioplus20/delegatesblog On WAGGGS website, quote from a WAGGGS Rio+20 Delegate: “We are now prepared to be the best voices possible, representing 10 million girls worldwide when the first of the Rio+20 events starts tomorrow.” Note that one of WAGGGS Key Messages for Rio+20 was “Support comprehensive sexuality education programmes and universal access to reproductive health services as part of a holistic approach to sustainable development (recalling CEDAW, the Beijing Platform for Action, the programme of action of the international conference on population and development and the landmark resolution by the Commission on Population and Development on Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health).” http://www.wagggsworld.org/en/resources/document/view/23242
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrXNr7P8XRc&feature=player_embedded WAGGGS Rio+20 delegate, Maggie states “We can’t wait to start representing our 10 million members”
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxbOdZVnJOE WAGGGS delegate Julie Fink states that she represents WAGGGS’ 10 million members while she advocates for contraception, comprehensive sex-ed and sexual rights for youth and the COP 16 Climate Change Conference.
GSUSA documentation showing girls are members of WAGGGS:
GSUSA Leader Guide to “Welcome to The Daisy Flower Garden” on page 24 states Daisies [the youngest GSUSA members] can receive the World Trefoil Pin to show that they are members of WAGGGS.
An image of that page can be viewed at this link: http://www.girlscoutswhynot.com/Linked%20Items/page%2024%20adult%20leader's%20guide%20Welcome%20to%20the%20Daisy%20(WAGGGS).png or the GSUSA Leader’s guide containing the statement can be provided by us on request.
Official Girl Scout website states: WAGGGS, the official umbrella organization for all 145 national Girl Guide and Girl Scout organizations in the world, has a membership of 10 million and nearly a million and a half adult volunteers. http://www.girlscouts.org/who_we_are/our_partners/affiliates/ (near the bottom of the page)
Girl Scout Leader Magazine: page 1: Girl Scouts of the USA, and every member of it, automatically belongs to the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS)
page 2: The World Trefoil Pin and Flag – Special Meaning For members: The World Trefoil pin is the unifying symbol of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) and is worn by members worldwide. This Leaders Magazine issue was recently removed from the GSUSA website but it can be accessed through the internet archiving website http://web.archive.org/web/20101222203300/http://girlscouts.org/for_adults/leader_magazine/2006_fall/fa06_leader_global_girl_scouting.pdf or through 100questionsforthegirlscouts.org at http://www.100questionsforthegirlscouts.org/fwi/documents/documents/GS_Magan.PDF
Local Girl Scout Council documentation showing all girls are members of WAGGGS:
Girl Scouts Heart of Pennsylvania website http://www.gshpa.org/images/vrg.pdf on page 5 under “Membership Dues” Each registered member is automatically a member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS), which links her/him with more than 100 countries around the world.
Girl Scouts Greater Chicago and Northern Indiana: http://www.ilcrossroads.org/files/File/WAGGGS_031610.pdf (the following statement provided on Council letterhead) Anyone who is a Girl Scout or a Girl Guide is automatically a member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS).